Enhanced ocean compliance and management capabilities
through integration of local villages in enhanced monitoring and protection efforts for Niue’s ocean.
- Enhanced compliance and enforcement capability
- Village sustainable resource use management plan
- Dedicated sustainable tourism accreditation officer
Sustainability, climate resilience and risk reduction for Niue’s blue economy to ensure conservation efforts are durable in the long-term through financing and supporting.
- Climate-resilience for local sustainable accredited businesses
- Sustainable eco-tourism
- Sustainable development projects
- Risk reduction financing
Building local capacity for conservation and sustainable development including the institutionalization of NOW Trust activities.
- Blue economy career development
- Preservation of vagahau niue (Niuean language) associated with ocean ecosystem and practices
- Education and training for Niuean people and children in marine conservation
Opportunity cost mitigation to alleviate economic impact of conservation efforts.